LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT's)
During this two week session, Leaders in Training (LIT) will provide participants with training in how to use effective leadership skills throughout their lives and how to work effectively with children at camp and in many other settings.
- During our LIT program, teens learn what great leaders do and say. Our LIT’s learn through leadership development workshops, service learning and hands-on activities.
- Our LIT’s are assigned to assist with a trail group. This is the best way to practice new skills and learn.
- The program makes time for camp fun like climbing the rock wall and swimming.
- Every day our LIT’s come together to debrief and discuss what they have experienced and learned that day.
- LIT participants graduate the program with lifelong skills and lifelong friends.
AGES: Teens entering 7th-9th grades in Fall 2022
DATES: July 11-22
LIT FEES: $385/teen
The Junior Counselor Program allows teens to further develop their leadership skills while they gain experience working with children. Adventure Camp staff serve as mentors while providing guidance and feedback as Junior Counselors volunteer to be a positive role model to adventure Campers.
- Teens must fill out an application and volunteer the entire week.
- Mandatory training will take place on Saturday, June 11th from 1pm - 4pm or join over Zoom Tuesday, June 14th 5pm - 7pm.
- Applications available online or at the Bellingham YMCA.
AGES: Teens entering 9th-12th grades in Fall 2022